Connect API Suite
With our Connect API, application developers (web or pc based) can easily SMS enable their applications by integrating Clickatell account management and billing into their app.
Connect API provides seamless Clickatell account management within the developers app and we provide an integrated Clickatell billing capability to enable users of the app to buy credits used for sending text messages within the app. The integrated two-way capability provides each user a dedicated two-way number. All of this can be done within the application, so users of the application will never have to leave the application to enjoy the global coverage and carrier class reliability that we have become renowned for.
Typical use case – An application developer brings to market a browser based SMS marketing tool. The developer concentrates his efforts on maintaining and evolving his application but realizes his customers need for a reliable SMS messaging service.
- Once an application user licenses access to the application and logs in, the user is presented within the application with the option to create a messaging account.
- The user submits the registration information
- The user follows through the registration and activation process effectively creating an account within Clickatell
- The account credentials necessary for messaging are passed back to the application
- The application populates the user account with Clickatell credentials
The user now can begin to use the service, monitoring the message credit balance and making subsequent credit
purchases or two way number purchases without ever leaving the developers application.
Quick Signup Guide – Follow the steps below, to sign-up and activate your new account.
- Complete your free registration for a Clickatell Small Business API account
(you can use the account for testing purposes)
- Sign into your new account
- From the top navigation menu select “Manage My Products”
- From the Left navigation select “Get Connections”
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select “Clickatell Connect API”
- Complete the required fields and select “Get Token”